HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Judy Bense <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 1995 12:20:24 CDT
The University of West Florida in Pensacola has an active program in
Historical Archaeology that combines history and archaeology, has a hands-on
approach to teaching and focuses on method and supervisory training for CRM
jobs.  Good group of 20-30 grad students, great colonial and later
archaeolgical sites in the local area and large-scale research oriented
toward theses.

Student support consists of Teaching and Research Assistantships and are
usually reserved for second and third year students.  There are about 8
supported students this coming year @ about $700 mo from grants and
contracts.  Active CRM Institute also.

I designed the program and the senior archaeology professor.  Contact me
here for more info.
Judy Bense