HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Bob Skiles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 2015 13:00:43 -0500
Scott,

Just think about what kind of MOTIVATION would have induced a
late-19th-century person to throw-away several partially full bottles of
liqour??? Perhaps a person who had undergone a
religious/temperance/alcoholic conversion, and was
"casting-out-the-demon rum?"  Perhaps a thoroughly disgusted
family-member/landlord/pastor. Perhaps a survivor fearing death from
contagion of drinking from those bottles? In any case, intriguing
questions for further research.

Bob Skiles