HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Michael Pfeiffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:52:27 -0500
Susan, while it is not "Historical Archaeology", I highly recommend seeing
the museum at the LaBrea Tar Pits in Los Angeles.   When the SHAs were
there on the Queen mary a couple of years ago, I took off that Saturday
afternoon and evening to spend with my brother who lives in an apartment
complex directly across the street.  We went to see both the above ground
art museum and the undergrround Tar Pit museum.  He had been to the art
museum several times but did not even KNOW about the underground one right
across the street (forgive him, he is an actor).  He did actually remember
the names of some of the pliestocene megafauna on display from when we kids
and I had plastic mammoths, sabertooths, giant ground sloths and boo coo
dinosaurs all over the house back home in Omaha.

Smoke.

Smoke (Michael A.) Pfeiffer, RPA
Ozark-St. Francis National Forests
605 West Main Street
Russellville, Arkansas 72801
(479) 968-2354  Ext. 233
e-mail:  [log in to unmask]

It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.