HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 13:30:23 -0400
This is a good time to mention that I am retired from a local government
position and get a pension plus medical benefits, but it is just not enough to
cover expenses these days. Fortunately, I invested in other things (real estate,
art, collectibles) and have other money streams to make it work. I went back
to consulting to continue doing what I love to do, learning and helping others.
The bad news is that gasoline will reach $3.00 a gallon, elderly care will
outstrip anyone's retirement, and the dollar will devalue. This is how it has
always been. My father retired as a GS-15, but devaluation of the dollar made it
seem like he was a GS-7 by the end of his life. I doubt seriously 401K, Roth
IRA and pensions will make for a comfortable life by age 75 for some of our
colleagues.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc