HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Linda Pansing <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2012 14:46:07 -0400
The Ohio Historical Society is seeking a full-time Curation Assistant in
its Museum & Library Services Division. This position assists
Archaeology staff with various field work projects at OHS sites.
Examples of responsibilities include:

Conducting Phase I-III archaeological field work at OHS sites.

Performing artifact processing and cataloging.

Contributing to the preparation of technical reports of the results of
Phase I-III archaeological investigations.

Applicants should possess a Bachelor's degree in
Anthropology/Archaeology, although a Master's degree would be preferred,
and have at least three years of field work experience in a CRM setting
and experience with writing section 106 reports.

Thorough knowledge of archaeological field methods, knowledge of an
experience with artifact identification, intermediate mathematical
skills, and computer skills, proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Access
are desired.

In-State, overnight travel will be necessary.

More information available at http://www.ohiohistory.org/jobs. Forward
resume/application, cover letter via email, fax or mail to:

Human Resource Office

Ohio Historical Society

800 E. 17th Avenue

Columbus, OH 43211-2497

614-297-2293 (fax)

The Ohio Historical Society is an equal opportunity employer. The Ohio
Historical Society does not discriminate in its employment on the basis
of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, disability,
age, or veteran status, or any other basis that would be in violation of
any applicable federal, state or local law.  We are proud to be a
drug-free workplace!

Linda Pansing

Curator of Archaeology

Ohio Historical Society

800 East 17th Ave.

Columbus, OH 43211
(614) 298-2061 (office)
(614) 298-2089 (fax)
www.ohiohistory.org <http://www.ohiohistory.org/archaeology>
/archaeology
Archaeology Blog http://ohio-archaeology.blogspot.com
<http://ohio-archaeology.blogspot.com/>

Facebook: Ohio Historical Society. Twitter & YouTube: OhioHistory. Sign
up for the e-newsletter, Histore-news: ohiohistory.org/e-news/

As the caretaker of Ohio's heritage, we at the nonprofit Ohio Historical
Society provide a wide array of statewide services and programs related
to collecting, preserving and interpreting Ohio's history.