HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Stottman, Michael J" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2013 19:19:56 +0000
Matt,

We excavated a couple of late 19th century horse burials at Ashland: Henry Clay's Estate in Lexington, Kentucky.  At the time it was a farm for thoroughbred race horses.  Also, we found most of a horse in a latrine trench at a Civil War camp.  Let me know if you are interested in any of this information I can probably get you copies of reports.

Jay

M. Jay Stottman
Staff Archaeologist
Kentucky Archaeological Survey