HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 2004 19:31:32 -0400
Hi Anita,

Are you thinking of starting an online market for
archaeologists?  Whether or not, it sounds like a great idea.
I'm an architectural historian, but we have a similar (though
not as extensive) problem in outfitting.  Specifically, having
to shop at camera stores (certain films, etc. are getting
hard to find if you're still doing non-digital recording),
and combing stationery shops for special types/formats of
drawing paper, & pens, etc.  I also cruise hardware stores now
and then for the latest potentially useful technology in stud
sensors, laser levels, sonic measuring devices, and so forth.

An interesting question, and perhaps, potential market?
It would be a neat thing (to paraphrase Martha Stewart).

Marty Perdue