HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Rodriguez Zunilda <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 1998 22:02:03 -0300
My name is Zunilda Quatrin, I`m archaeologist and I`m doing my Doctoral
Thesis on Quilmes `Historical Archaeology .
Quilmes city is situated at 10,7 miles at the south of Buenos Aires city
(Argentina), and actually has a population of 500.000 inhabitants. Quilmes
was borned in 1666 as an indian reduction; it has as charecteristic that
its archaeological record is temporally continual along  331 years.
The investigation is carrying out by an agreement between the Quilmes
municipality and the Buenos Aires University.
My workteam is compound by architects, zoologists, anthropology students of
the National University of La Plata and National University of Buenos
Aires. We`re working specially on differents historical materials of the
spanish colonies between the XVIII and XIX centuries.
In Argentina, the historical archaeology is a discipline relativelly
recent, but they are making importants investigations.
Our investigation began three years ago. Our worteam is organizing the
"First Journals of Historical Archaeology of Buenos Aires city and province
"on may 7th and 8th ,1998. Also , I`m organizing on march 20th 1998 , the
Scientific Journal :
"The glass in archaeology and history ".
Sorry for my english, I speak spanish.
Thanks.

Zunilda Quatrin
Archaeologist