HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Rich Lundin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Sep 2007 06:12:58 -0700
Ron:

Thanks for the advice.  Now that the field season in the Sierra is over and
the rainy California fall is upon us, I will heed the advice of my
Co-Conspiritor and put some of my "adventures in archaeogeophysics and
archaeogeochemistry" in writing using the software your recommend-if I can
make something readable out of these dry "adventures" it will be a miracle.
I have been working, on and off, on a novel about our Nova Albion Project
for seven years and with this software, I MAY be able to get it in a form
that it is of interest to American Zeotrope Studios, who,  AMAZINGLY, have
agreed to fund the excavation of what we think is the Tello Frigate of the
Drake Expedition IF we can prove that it REALLY is a 16th Century ship and
not just some wiggly lines on paper indicating a bunch of old refrigerators
or a 19th Century lumber schooner.

Regarding an earlier post about the screenplay based on the adventures in
Mexico in the 1920's of a Cultural Anthropologist,  I really hope that they
don't butcher Norm Tessman's fine screenplay like that.  I would really like
Hollywood to "discover" some of the really great, historical figures of the
American West and do a decent job on them. Dona Marina (La Malinche), Fr.
Junipero Serra, Fr. Eusibio Kino,  Juan Bautista de Anza the Younger, Edward
Beale,  and Kit Carson immediately come to mind as individuals who had great
character and led adventurous lives that are much better than any fiction
that Hollywood could imagine.

Thanks, Again!  for your thoughtful input.

Rich Lundin, WRI