HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Andrea G. Clark" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 1956 22:48:30 -0400
Tim,
   I suggest that your landlord look in back issues of Preservation: The
Magazine of the National Trust for Historic Preservation. It periodically
prints a list of schools offering certification programs, undergraduate
degrees and graduate degrees in historic preservation.  It also
advertises field schools.
    I don't know what level of program this individual is looking for -
just some classes or an advanced degree.  But someone more interested in
the applied courses and less interested in the academic side might want
to look into the associate degree in building preservation at the Belmont
Technical College.  That one in particular seems very hands on.  I
believe the contact is David Mertz (or it was several years ago, I am
looking at an old issue of the magazine).  At that time his e-mail was
[log in to unmask]  Or the department can be contacted at the following
address and phone number.

Building Preservation Program Coordinator
Belmont Technical College
120 Fox-Shannon Pl.
St. Clairsville, Ohio 43950
(740) 695-9500, ext. 4006

    As far as programs nearer to Kansas City -- Kansas State University
offers a Masters program in architecture with a preservation
specialization and S.E. Missouri State University offers a B.S. in
historic preservation.  He might want to contact them for information on
specific courses.

Good Luck to your friend!
Andrea Clark