HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
George Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2013 21:58:15 -0500
A note from Rob Hunter

I am happy to say that George Miller is able to provide a .pdf of his
important article “Ceramics from the 1813 Prize Brig *Ann* auction, Salem,
Massachusetts” from the 2012 Volume of *Ceramics in America*

While I encourage the purchase of this volume and the past issues: select
articles can be found at www.chipstone.org

In addition, on-going research related to ceramic topics can be found at
our Facebook Page.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ceramics-in-America/240354719316500

From Rob Hunter

Editor, *Ceramics in America*

A note from George Miller

The brig *Ann* was captured by an American privateer and its cargo was
auctioned off in Salem, Massachusetts in 1813.  My paper described the
contents of 250 crates of ceramics (109,000 vessels) that were well
described in the surviving auction catalog and compares the prices listed
in the auction catalog with those of the Staffordshire potter’s price
fixing lists of 1796 and 1814.  To receive a copy of the article send me an
email off line at [log in to unmask]

I would add that the 2012 volume of *Ceramics in America* has some great
articles on stoneware from Alexandria, Virginia and Albany, New York along
with an article on porcelain from Baltimore.  It is a wonderful volume.

Peace,

George L. Miller