HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Publicarchaeology2 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 May 2015 14:22:46 -0500
Following from what Jim said, those "post-fieldwork activities" often include the aspects of archaeology we call public and community archaeology -- those are archaeology too (and ideally they take place prior, during AND after fieldwork -- though ideal situations are rare).

In any case, the "evidence" and "data" are different, but need to be taken just as seriously, and evaluated just as critically (and yes, intellectually).

Carol

Carol McDavid, Ph.D.
Executive Director, Community Archaeology Research Institute, Inc.
Adjunct Assistant Professor, Rice University
Secretary, Society for Historical Archaeology
Co-editor, Journal of Community Archaeology and Heritage (http://www.maneyonline.com/toc/cah/1/1 )
1638 Branard
Houston, TX 77006
www.publicarchaeology.org