HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
David Meadows <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 15:55:30 -0500
I've just updated my Commentarium site with with plenty o' stories including:

*coverage of the discovery of Euripides' cave
*a report on the purported discovery of Mt Sinai
*reports on the efforts to raise the Monitor
*followups on the discovery of a new Essene community, the temple of Athena
Nike, Blackbeard
*news on the discoveries at the Dakhleh oasis
*a report on czar Nicholas'bones
*some pieces about sites in Israel (Tzipori, the walls of the Old City)
*a programme which is secretly replacing Rome's classical statuary with copies
*a report on a dig in China
*a report on 400,000 year old spears found in Germany
*a report on Chilean mummies
*a report on African-American artifacts in Alexandria
*a case of property rights v. archaeology from Florida
*problems with looting of sites in Florida
*Classics in translation articles dealing with Tacitus and Juvenal

Plus others ...

http://web.idirect.com/~atrium/commentarium.html

Enjoy!

dm