HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Michael Pfeiffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 08:31:42 -0500
A good internet source is collecting date nails with the Nail Hunter.
http://home.houston.rr.com/datenails/

Another good source on machine cut nails is the Tremont Nail Company.
http://www.tremontnail.com/
I have purchased their cut nail displays for training purposes.

I also like histories at the Crwon Nail Company
http://www.localhistory.scit.wlv.ac.uk/Museum/Engineering/CrownNail/History.htm

Nail Sizes
http://www.sizes.com/tools/nails.htm

Nails for the Historical Archaeologist by David Moyer
http://www.digitalpresence.com/histarch/nails.html

Glasgow steel nail company
http://www.glasgowsteelnail.com/

Wheeling Nails
http://wheeling.weirton.lib.wv.us/history/bus/NAILS.HTM

Jeff's Date Nail Page
http://facstaff.uindy.edu/~oaks/DateNailInfo.htm

Oh, well this should keep you out of trouble for a couple of hours. Worked
for me.

:-)

Smoke (Michael A.) Pfeiffer, RPA
Ozark-St. Francis National Forests
605 West Main Street
Russellville, Arkansas 72801
(479) 968-2354  Ext. 233
e-mail:  [log in to unmask]

It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.

             Jeremy Pye
             Sent by:                  [log in to unmask]
             HISTORICAL                                                 cc
             ARCHAEOLOGY
             <[log in to unmask]                                     Subject
             >                         Reference Book for Nails

             09/13/2004 10:20
             PM

             Please respond to
                HISTORICAL
                ARCHAEOLOGY

Greetings everbody,

I was wondering if anyone  might have strong opinions
about good reference books about nails and the
manufacture of nails.

---Jeremy Pye