HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 01:53:40 -0400
In a message dated 4/13/00 6:43:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< We are presently completing a Phase I/II excavation of a late 19th
 to early 20th century tannery in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.  I am
 looking for completed reports detailing archaeological investigations
 of similar sites (preferably mitigations).  I am familiar with some of
 these including MAAR's Data Recovery at the Birely Tannery,
 Frederick, Maryland, but would like to pull together as many
 sources as possible.

 Thanks in advance for your help.

Go to HISTARCH's archives site and pull up all posts relating to the subject
of "Tanneries or Tannery".  I did this search recently and came up with
dozens of posts sent to HISTARCH over the years.  I recently did one on
Privys and found way over 100 of them - many of them great stuff not found
anywhere else because much of it relates to unpublished or uncompleted
projects but still describes projects and gives you leads as to who to call.

Mike Polk
Principal Archaeologist/Owner
Sagebrush Consultants, L.L.C.
Ogden, Utah