HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Ned Heite <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 09:57:16 -0400
An archaeology list is no place for diatribes about sexual orientation, but
it is an appropriate place to discuss the role of our profession in
education.

Personally, I believe there is no way to support that organizaton, as long
as it maintains a policy of bigotry and ignorance. Scout policy sends a
dangerous message to youth, incompatible with civilized behavior.

It would be totally appropriate for archaeologists (an archaeological
organizations) to withdraw support from Boy Scout merit badges until that
organization stops espousing bigotry against a largely innocent segment of
the population.

               Ned Heite  ([log in to unmask])
*   Nothing warms a chilly fall morning *
*   like a steaming compost.            *