HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Sarah Sportman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Feb 2013 11:19:27 -0700
Hello,

I'm trying to identify a few artifacts we recovered from back yard contexts in a 19th century mining town in the Adirondacks.  We found six fragments of thin, clear glass tubes. They are a little smaller in diameter than a modern drinking straw and round in cross-section.  All are broken and each fragment is less than 3 inches long.  The fragments came from the yards of three different domestic sites, including a tenement house, a double house, and the superintendent's house. The sites were occupied from the mid 1870s to the mid 1890s.  Any help in identifying them would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,
Sarah