HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Susan Snow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 15:48:03 -0600
In late January I wrote:

"The General Contracts Program of the Office of the State Archaeologist at
the University of Iowa seeks numerous experienced archaeological field
technicians..."

I'm pleased to report great response to this posting (which went out on
ACRA-L, HISTARCH, ARCH-L, the AIA list, and the Archaeological Fieldwork
Server website maintained by Ken Stuart at Cornell University). I didn't
track how each individual heard about our fieldwork opportunities but it is
clear that at least indirectly a large number of qualified archaeological
technicians (i.e., with BA or BS in Anthropology, with field school(s),
with other CRM project experience) can be reached via e-mail and the
Internet. I highly recommend this approach in hiring!

Lastly, I have enough resumes/vitas/applications! Our contracted work is
staffed and I have lots of extra names, so if you are a tech out there
contemplating sending me an application, look elsewhere (but thanks!).

John F. Doershuk, Ph.D.
Director, General Contracts Program
Office of the State Archaeologist, 310 Eastlawn, Iowa City, IA 52242-1411.
Ph. 319-335-1122
Fax 319-335-2776

Susan Snow
Project Archaeologist