HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Susan Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2013 13:01:32 -0800
Feb. 11, 2013

Hi All,
We're researching a site with a 1920s ma & pa grocery store located in a California desert town.  It has an arcade / covered front porch like so many desert commercial buildings.

There is at least 1 wall made of adobe.  That wall is currently exposed, we've not seen inside the cladding of the others and currently do not have permission to do so.

Anyone know of reports available about  1920s vintage commercial buildings BUILT of adobe in the American southwest desert?

Muchas gracias,
S. Walter