HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
paul courtney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Jun 2005 12:31:15 +0100
I think that Chris Evans? (sorry if i got the name wrong but my aged and
much loved cat has just been rushed to the vet) who runs the Cambridge
Archaeology Unit wrote something on the great German rerfugee
archeologist Gerhard Bersu (Not sure where though). Bersu did some
interesting excavations while interneed.on the Isle of Man in WW2 having
previously dug the Iron Age type site at Little Woodbury in Wessex. In
fact he had  amajor impact on British prehistory. Perhaps a memorial
would be fitting.

paul courtney