HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Ned Heite <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 07:36:02 -0500
Check out this URL

http://pos.net/ref/conv/conv_ndx.htm

If you want to find the actual meanings of arcane measurements, it's there.
It will convert Gunter Chains to feet, but I did not check to see if it
will convert cubits to furlongs.

For those who are trying to understand documentary sources with odd old
measurements, this is worth a try. It requires an advanced browser with
frames, so many of us will not be able to use it.

    _____
___(_____)                 Change-ringing is to music as
Ned Heite Camden, DE  http://home.dmv.com/~eheite/index.html