HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Phil Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 21:43:39 -0100
Hi All,
Re Patricks quote,
'Increasing emphasis on workers'communities, landscapes, and truly archaeological perspectives on industrial society has changed the face of IA in recent years.  The view that it "has virtually nothing to do with the archaeology of everyday life" is thankfully out of date.'

When I wrote my book on Coal Mining in Lunesdale which is hopefully Industrial Archaeology  meeting his and the modern research criteria.  I fully intended to look at the whole picture, but I do not know if I have achieved this, althought several hundred copies have been sold, I have not had any 'learned' feed back at all.    I did send out quite a number of review copies, including ones to the UK Industrial Archaeology Review, but I have not seen or recieved information of anyone in the IA profession making any sort of comments.

 A second volume on the Lune Valley is on the blocks but I am still working in the dark.

Cheers Phil Hudson  at

http://www.users.daelnet.co.uk/hudson-history/index.html