HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2006 09:03:27 +0200
I agree wholeheartedly
In an open, democratic society, etc.
This is enshrined, here in Europe in the Malta convention, and generally in
the UNESCO convention of 1956 & various other treaties/conventions: enlist
public support by teaching & outreach
People have to know what they are protecting & why
Secrecy usually only helps the tomb-raiders, who have their own sources
anyway, and won't be recognisable by the general public, if the general
public doesn't know what they're looking for