HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Karolyn Smardz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 17:00:49 EST
Dear Pam and List:

Thanks for the explanation of the workshop issue.  I for one am delighted that
we have an opportunity to do "professional development", something archaeology
has not formally had much of as a discipline up until now.  We need updates,
we need to sharpen our skills, and we need a forum where the professional
association both recognizes the need for ongoing education for its members,
and provides an approved method whereby this can take place.

Good for you and everyone on the board!  The commercial aspect is worrysome, I
admit, but the idea is sound and I am sure that we can avoid the pitfalls.

Karolyn Smardz