HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Tom Langhorne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 2004 16:34:09 -0400
Montana,

         If you want an 18th source it's Oliver Evan's  "Young Millwright
and Miller's Apprentice . . ." (title approximate).  I don't know if it's
been reprinted or if it's just available on microfilm/disk.

         Many agricultural colleges, manufacturers associations, or similar
entities published design and construction manuals during the 19th century.

         There are also some photographic collections of restored/still
standing mills (Zimiles-Early American Mills) you might use also.

         Tom