HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Bob Skiles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2006 22:12:19 -0500
Thank you for the replies ... I KNOW that the Spanish word "carrizo" exists in numerous placenames across the whole southwest, but what I'm asking is when the Spanish were looking at & naming things "carrizo" was it the phragmites australis reed, specifically, that they were referring to in SoCal ... or could it have been some other (simiar ?) reed?

Bob Skiles
Yes, reason has been a part of organized religion, ever since two nudists took dietary advice from a talking snake. -- Jon Stewart