HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Tonia Deetz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2012 17:30:58 -0400
Hello,

I am a frequent reader of histarch posts and seldom contribute. I've been on Histarch for about 12 years.

I came to the world of Historical Archaeology early in life, my dad is James Deetz. We all grew up in the field and I have worked on many sites in New England, California, Arizona and Virginia. I have a special place in my heart for skeletal excavation, public archaeology, archaeology in the classroom, and currently work for SEARCH, Inc. and love remediating existing collections. My degree is in Anthropolgy and  almost finsihed with another in American Studies. I've come to realize that I never had that AHA moment, reading In Small Things Forgotten, and having a lightbulb go off over my head. (This is a common thread among those I meet who love the book). But, I did have the benefit of hanging around with some great contributors to the field, and therefore often find myself as a staunch defender of Historical Archaeology and a champion for all the things it can do.

Tonia Deetz Rock