HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
listservs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:45:16 -0400
Apologies for cross-listings

Dear Excavation Directors and Project Sponsors,

AFOB Online continues to be one of the largest online listings of fieldwork opportunities in the world. We are now preparing the 2005 print edition of the Archaeological Fieldwork Opportunities Bulletin - derived from the online listings. AFOB 2005 will continue to feature sections on how to find and choose fieldwork, what to expect on site, regional bibliographies, and more.

There is no cost to list your project in AFOB.  Don't miss this opportunity to include your fieldwork project online and in print. We encourage you to submit your project to AFOB Online at www.archaeological.org/webinfo.php?page=10015. Projects must be submitted by November 7th to be included in the print edition.*

Please note that preliminary listings are welcome. When your submission is approved and posted on AFOB Online, you will receive a confirmation email with a password allowing you to return to update your listing as details become finalized. Your project will be flagged as preliminary in the print edition, with instructions to check the online listing for updates.

We are also adding a new feature - "Reports from the Field." These brief articles are being solicited from individuals who have participated in projects featured in AFOB. Any project listed in AFOB is eligible to contribute an article. The AIA publications staff will choose the best entries to be included in AFOB 2005. Please check AFOB Online (http://www.archaeological.org/fieldwork/)

Additionally, we are seeking submissions for the cover image of AFOB. If you have an image you would like to submit for consideration, please email it to [log in to unmask] Images should show project participants in the field enjoying their experience.

Please forward this email to any other listservs, excavation directors, or project sponsors who may be interested.

Thanks very much for your support,

Archaeological Institute of America
Publications and New Media

*AIA reserves the right to review all submissions and to publish
only those it deems appropriate.

AFOB 2005 will be available through David Brown Books in North
America (800-791-9354) or Oxbow Books outside North America (+44 [0]
1865 241249)
www.oxbowbooks.com