HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
James Brothers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2006 09:44:38 -0400
One of the reasons that I prefer archaeology to cultural anthropology
is that I can actually touch the material I am studying. Too much of
cultural anthropology deals with emanations and penumbras. However,
that does not mean that archaeology is TRUTH. Interpretation is
everything and some archaeologists are quite willing to ignore what
they find if it does not fit in with the world view they wish to
promote.  And to a certain extent all of us see what we expect to
see. No one is so pure that they are without bias. No matter how hard
they try.

James Brothers, RPA