HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Christina Rosén <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2006 08:19:58 +0200
Check

Elfwendahl, Magnus 1995. Postmedieval Pottery in Sweden. Some Notes on Local Red Earthenwares. Lund Archaeological Review 1.

I've done some work on pottery in southern Scandinavia (Sweden/Denmark). Not on production though, more about use and meaning. And only in Swedish (sorry...). But I guess some of the pictures might be useful. Contact me if you want references.

Christina Rosén
Archaeologist
National Heritage Board, Sweden

>>> [log in to unmask] 10/24/06 9:54  >>>
Tim -- Check publications by Brigitta Hulthen, Ole Stilborg, etc at Lund in addition to these.  Charlie Kolb

Lindahl, Anders, and Stilborg, Ole (eds.).  (1995).  The Aim of Laboratory Analyses of Ceramics in Archaeology, April 7-9, 1995 in Lund, Sweden: In Honour of Brigitta Hulthén ass. prof. emer.  Konferenser 34.  Kungl. Vitterhets Historie och Antikvitets Akademien, Stockholm.

Buko, A.  (1995)  Clays for ancient pottery production: Some current  problems of analysis.  In Lindahl, A., and Stilborg, O. (eds.), The Aim of Laboratory Analyses of Ceramics in Archaeology,  Konferenser 34,  Kungl. Vitterhets Historie och Antikvitets Akademien, Stockholm, pp. 29-36.

Cleary, R. M.  (1995).  Irish Later Bronze Age pottery: A preliminary technological assessment.  In Lindahl, A., and Stilborg, O. (eds.), The Aim of Laboratory Analyses of Ceramics in Archaeology,  Konferenser 34,  Kungl. Vitterhets Historie och Antikvitets Akademien, Stockholm, pp., 77-90.

MacSween, A.  (1995).  Fabric analysis of coarse ware assemblages: Examples from three sites in the Northern Isles of Scotland.  In Lindahl, A., and Stilborg, O. (eds.), The Aim of Laboratory Analyses of Ceramics in Archaeology,  Konferenser 34,  Kungl. Vitterhets Historie och Antikvitets Akademien, Stockholm, pp. 127-138.

Stilborg, O.  (1995).  Ceramological analysis: an archaeological enigma. Statistically-based archaeometric analyses in a humanistic world.  In Lindahl, A., and Stilborg, O. (eds.), The Aim of Laboratory Analyses of Ceramics in Archaeology,  Konferenser 34,  Kungl. Vitterhets Historie och Antikvitets Akademien, Stockholm, pp. 139-146.