HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Mark Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 1995 07:58:12 -0700
This is to clarify some of my points in a previous post:

1.  Yes, I am mistaken--HISTARCH is not a moderated list.

2.  I support Anita's decision on filtering Mr. Johnson's post.  As I
jokingly commented on another list (I said the delete key was the
ultimate form of censorship), I find it a relief that I can a least
minimize the use of the delete key  when it comes to HISTARCH.

3.  I am all for free speech, and have taken that stance very strongly
as an editor of H-ALBION.  I find strong similiarities though between
Mr. Johnson's behavior and a person going in a crowded movie theater
and screaming "FIRE."

4.  I strongly agree with David Meadow's comment:  "LETS GET ON WITH
TALKING ABOUT ARCHAEOLOGY" (paraphrased).

Best, Mark Hall