HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Wed, 9 May 2012 11:53:52 +0800
This is a good idea.  All sorts of interesting bits of information on folks
with similar interests is popping up. Here is my two pennies worth.

Hello, my name is Gaye Nayton, I am an historical archaeologist working out
of Western Australia. I have a BSc reading archaeology, history and
geography from the University of Western Australia. My PhD research got
suspended due to a protracted illness then I had to go earn a living. I have
been running an historical archaeological consultancy in Western Australia
since 1994 with a strong interest in public archaeology.  I organise
National Archaeology Week in WA every May, amongst other things. I also
lobby strongly for a better outcome for historical archaeology in WA. I know
many people on the list through e-mails and being a long term participant on
the list but I have also gradually been getting to know folks personally
through attending the SHA conference every couple of years.

In 2011 I finally finished my thesis research and published it as The
Archaeology of Market Capitalism: A Western Australian Perspective, Global
Contributions to Historical Archaeology. I recently submitted the book for
consideration as my PhD thesis; trust me not to do things in the usual way.

If anyone wants to know more about me and my work they can visit my web page
at www.gayenaytonarchaeology.com . I am putting up PDF's of consulting
reports and report summaries as I get time and permission to do so, I am
also gradually adding an outline of my thesis research and I have a section
on public archaeology including volunteer's handbooks, project summaries and
links for educators. The web site is still fairly new and I have lots more
stuff (about 17 years worth) to add to it as I get time and permission.

Regards
Gaye