HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Barry Vermillion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 07:46:18 -0500
Linda

I'm interested in any info you can provide re: the original digging
(original excavation) of hand dug wells and any archaeological excavations
of hand dug wells.  And, yes, I know personally some folks from Alabama
moved to Texas in 1850.  Some of my family moved here in 1817, more in 1819,
and still more circa 1850.  The last group left NC (thanks to Pres. Jackson)
moving to Alabama, then Mississippi, and eventually into east Texas about
1850.  So, yes, please let me know if you can provide any info concerning
hand dug wells.

Thanks.

Barry