HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carol Serr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2013 16:50:32 -0400
Thanks for the suggestions Harding.
We have no idea if the items are related...since trash was recovered during monitoring grading...so was spread around some (not in a privy or concentration).

The recovered items includes a "rare" spring water bottle from a local spring (Bradley).  I found ads in directories for the company, but am not sure when they first started bottling their water (since early ads mention gallon qty, implying buyers brought their own containers).  The company name changed in the 1905 ad to include "Bottling" ...but, does that mean they didn't bottle their water until 1904ish?  I need to look thru (more) old newspapers...but the little I have done so...didn't include drawings of bottles with their ads.  :o(