HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Kent Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2006 12:24:11 -0700
Thanks Mary.  I'll look into that article.  Could be just what I'm looking for.

Kent

[log in to unmask] wrote: I know I'm a little late joining in this discussion but fieldwork called.

I read through the thread and kept waiting for someone to mention Priscilla
Wegars' work with bee hive-shaped cooking features.  Refer to P. Wegars, 1991
"Who's Been Workin' on the Railroad?"  An Examination of the Construction,
Distribution, and Ethnic Origins of Domed Rock Ovens on Railroad-related Sites."
Historical Archaeology 25(1):37-65.

Good research and descriptive text for these types of features.

Mary L. Maniery
PAR Environmental Services, Inc.
PO Box 160756
Sacramento, CA
(916) 739-8356

Kent C. Taylor, M.A., RPA
Project Archaeologist
Commonwealth Cultural Resources Group, Inc.
Phone (248) 362-3038
Fax (248) 362-3038
E-Mail [log in to unmask]