HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 1998 05:24:28 -0500
>Ummm....  Surely that should be "European".

Aye. My apologies. I've been working on a manuscript relating to Colonial
English maritime history, and have had England and Scotland on my mind alot
lately. Again my dearest apologies to my English friends. Don't hate me
because I'm half Scottish. ;)

>And surely "American move west" is just the teensiest bit euphemistic,
isn't it?

How so? The Americans frequently robbed "native American" (hrm...dunno if I
like to use that word seeing as how I was born here...I wonder if the IRS
would like that...) burial mounds. Some SOBs still do it today sadly. I
take no responsibility for their actions, as I do not expect others to pay
for their ancestors or fellow citizen's crimes. That is something for the
legal system, as messed up as it is, to deal with.

Matt CIM