HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
David W Babson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Sep 2011 13:24:12 -0400
I remember Rick very well from Abbott Farm (aka the Carney Rose Animal Demolition Site), LBA in the fall of 1983, and from many CNEHA and Mid-Atlantic conferences since.  He was one of the most effective Public Archaeologists in the U.S., practicing public archaeology in the sense of including the public, as we were taught in the Public Archaeology program at the USC.  He will be greatly missed.

D. Babson.