HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Richa Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Oct 1998 16:17:03 -0700
Message_Body (21 lines)
Greetings!  I've been lurking for many months and have found this list to be
 very informative.

First, a quick introduction.  My education/experience is in architecture and
 historic preservation, but I am also a historical archeology groupie.  A few
 months ago I was hired to research, evaluate and develop a management plan for
 historic structures on the Humboldt-Toiyabe  National Forest.  The work is
 great and the archeologists with whom I work occasionally allow me to tag along
 with them.

So here's my question:  Do any of you have experience with special permits,
 partnerships  or unique solutions that allow use of a historic site or
 structure on federal lands as a way to protect that site or structure?  I have
 a few ideas but since we have a variety of situations, I'm interested in
 hearing about all types of sites, private  vs. public use and the "logistics"
 of initiating such agreements.

Thanks,
Richa Wilson