HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jeanette Mckenna <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 2004 09:00:59 -0700
I have run into privy diggers and dump looters in California.  They do not
necessarily respond to archaeologiscal arguments.  I have found I get a
better result when I explain the health hazards of "privy fill" and what
they may be taking home to their children or others.  Once they really
understand that it is "refuse" and may have all kinds of hidden "cooties",
they think about it differently.

Jeanette A. McKenna
Whittier, California