HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Katharine Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2013 09:21:10 +1200
Hello,
The last two years have seen a phenomenal amount of archaeological work
undertaken in Christchurch - and there's a whole lot more to come! This
work has seen the archaeological investigation of Maori archaeological
sites, churches, factories, shops and private homes, as well as the city's
infrastructure. We're learning so much about the rich history of
Christchurch, and we want to share our discoveries with Christchurch
people, archaeologists and anyone else who's interested.

Today sees the launch of 'Christchurch uncovered', a blog that documents
the archaeology of the city (www.blog.underoverarch.co.nz). We'll be
updating the blog every week with stories about the artefacts we're finding
and places we're excavating. Take a minute or two to check out the blog,
sign up to follow it  - and please forward this on to other people you
think will be interested.
Thanks,
Katharine

--