HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Anne Stoll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 2004 15:40:07 -0700
Dear Susan,

Looking at your tourist question again, I wonder if you mean you'll be staying in the city of Camarillo? A nice place, but not all that close to Los Angeles, if you're new to our freeways. It's in Ventura County, well north of the Big City. The suggestions others have made for seeing the La Brea Tar Pits and Campo de Cahuenga are good ones but I would recommend you continue north along the Coast Highway to Ventura or Santa Barbara and see the missions, museums, and quaint downtowns of those lovely seaside cities. Might be a bit less stressful than battling your way to the LA County Museum downtown. And this from a life-long resident.

Anne Stoll
Statistical Research, Inc.
P.O. Box 390
Redlands, CA 92373