HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Emma Dwyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 2011 09:45:35 -0400
There's only a week to go until this conference - we look forward to seeing many of you there!

 *Postgraduate Conference in Historical Archaeology

 Hosted by the Centre for Historical Archaeology, University of Leicester

 Frank and Catherine May Lecture Theatre, Henry Wellcome Building, off Lancaster Road, Leicester

 SATURDAY 8TH OCTOBER 2011*

 Now an annual event, this conference hosted by Leicester University’s Centre for Historical Archaeology provides a lively and informal forum for the presentation and discussion of current postgraduate research in the archaeology of the last 500 years, highlighting the strength and diversity of the discipline.

 PhD students from across the country (and one from the United States) will be presenting the latest research in the field of Historical Archaeology, ranging in date and focus from early modern urban defences and vernacular housing, to post-war regeneration and the use of archaeology as an approach to contemporary homelessness.

 Academic, professional, community and amateur archaeologists are warmly invited to hear about new work within the field, and to support the latest generation of new researchers.

 The registration fee for the conference is £20, and only £10 for registered students and unwaged delegates.
 This includes a buffet lunch and refreshments.

 Further information, including the programme for the day and online booking, is available on our website:

http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/archaeology/research/centre-for-historical-archaeology/postgraduate-conference-in-historical-archaeology

 We also have space available in our poster session, so if you would like to contribute a poster about a current or recent project, please get in touch.

 Please contact Emma Dwyer  [log in to unmask]  or Sarah Newstead  [log in to unmask]  with any queries.