HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 15:11:33 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
ArchSocBlurb.txt (28 lines)
My apologies for cross posting:

It is that time of year again to update the annual Directory of Archaeological S
ocieties and Journals.  If anyone would like a copy of the current draft to chec
k the listing of their society or journal, please e-mail me.  The current draft
is the 1997 version plus any changes that people have sent me since last June.
If anyone would like an e-mail version of the final edition (to put out about th
e 1st of June), again, please e-mail me.

The directory consists of listings only for archaeological societies and journal
s.  The latter is a separate list since there are many journals which are not pu
blished directly by a professional or amateur archaeological society.  This dire
ctory is organized into six sections: National (U.S.)/International, Regional, S
tate, other Journals and Newsletters, Australia, and Canada.  No attempt was mad
e to included more than a small sample of organizations from Great Britain due t
o the large number of them and wide availability of the directory published annu
ally in Current Archaeology.  Organization officers and dues or subscription amo
unts are not included since officers change and amounts of dues/subscriptions ar
e sure to increase over time.

I would also like to request that you include your name and you e-mail address i
n the body of your message so that I do not have to keep both electronic and har
d copy versions of requests or go through considerable conniptions trying to fig
ure it out.

Smoke Pfeiffer
[log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2