HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Gaye Nayton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 00:47:34 +0800
Elizabeth

Is there aerial photography available for your cemetery? I am just about to
plot lost graves in two adjacent cemeteries using a 1948 aerial. Once  I
have plotted the graves it is planned to use ground probing radar to confirm
gravesites and establish how deep they are (There have been a lot of ground
level changes since the cemeteries closed). The ground probing radar has
been used over here on Rottnest Island to locate the graves of Aboriginal
prisoners located under the camping ground.