HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Regina George <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 2004 12:45:43 -0700
I agree entirely with Ryan Gray.  It's not so much the loss of valuable
whole bottles that we as archaeologists get angry about, it's the loss of
context for the entire feature.  Each time a privy digger goes to work,
another snapshot of someone's life is lost.

I think an educational website would be an excellent idea.  The ASC has
produced interpretive websites for several of our historical archaeology
excavations, and we have found that it's a great way to reach the public.

I'd be willing to put together a grant application to fund the development
and production of such a site, and I'll also volunteer to be involved in
the process if someone else wants to take this on as a cooperative
project.

Any takers???

Regina George
Education Outreach Coordinator