HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"April M. Beisaw" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2009 11:32:26 -0800
Colleagues,

In honor of Lincoln's bicentennial, Vergil Noble (NPS) and I are planning a session on Lincoln Archaeology for next year's SHA conference. We seek abstracts from potential participants whose research touches on some aspect of Abraham Lincoln's life, death, and legacy. We are particularly interested in research conducted at the traditional Lincoln historical sites as well as at sites that can be linked to the assassination conspiracy and conspirators, as Port Tobacco is. We will also consider submissions that address major actions of the Civil War, especially events surrounding its conclusion, and research that considers the impact of Lincoln policy on Civil War era communities.

Please address all questions and submission to the email addresses below:
Vergil Noble - [log in to unmask]
April Beisaw - [log in to unmask]

-April

April M. Beisaw, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Heidelberg University
Director of Research, Port Tobacco Archaeological Project
http://porttobacco.blogspot.com