HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Lester Ross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Apr 1998 22:03:04 -0700
following message was delivered to me:

    "A friend forwarded me your recent email listserve notice re:
weights and measures. I have some information on Spanish measurement
systems used in the New World (specifically in Colombia)  during
Colonial times. You might want to pass on my email to your listserve
group or anyone who might need this information in the future.
    My main source is a fairly rare book I have called Historia de las
Medidas Agrarias Antiguas by Luis E. Paez Courvel. Libreria Voluntad,
S.A., Bogota. 1940.  I used this reference for a book I wrote called El
Rosal, that is a local history.

    Regards,
    Harry Marriner
    Director
    GIPRI
    Western Cundinamarca Investigations Group
    Santafe de Bogota
    Colombia
    email: [log in to unmask]"

LAR