HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 06:48:42 EST

<<
 During a recent examination of some gray literature for information on early
 20th century sites, I came across a brief unreferenced statement that
 ivory-glazed whitewares are the best diagnostic marker of the 1920s-1930s.  I
 have been unable to any references to this type of whiteware that would
 validate the statement.

 Does anyone on the list have experience dealing with this type of whiteware
or
 know of any references that discuss it?

This is a reference that I would take with a big lump of salt! (rather than a
grain) and move on to something more productive. Carl Steen