HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Anna Agbe-Davies <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 15:43:56 -0500
Fellow listmemembers (apologies for cross-postings)

I'm looking for a picture I've seen numerous times in talks.  It is a
color painting of the excavation of a Native American (?) burial mound,
which looks to date to the 1st half of the 19th century.  The mound is
shown in section with strata, skeletons and pots visible.  In the
foreground there are a number of men, some are dressed in laborers'
clothing, are black and have shovels, others are dressed in suits and
are white.

I'd like to use this image in a publication with an immanent deadline, so
any information as to other sites of publication, ownership or copyright
would be oh so appreciated!  Feel free to write to me privately or if you
think the list is interested, that's fine with me.

again, thanks in advance!

Anna

--
Anna Agbe-Davies