HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 1995 08:20:17 -0600
All,

I have been trying to work up a quick paper concerning tombstone
symbolism in mid to late 1800s American cemeteries. I have had some
trouble finding references, beyond the Tombstone Study journal, possibly
because tombstones are include in a broader examination of material
culture. I was wondering if any of you had any references about religious
symbolism as reflected in cemeteries... Especially with regard to MORMON
cemeteries.

Thank you in advance... see you in Cincinnatti!
Katherine Hull
University of Missouri-Columbia